On its website the Church of England describes itself as
“a Comprehensive Church… which has been enriched by the co-existence within it of three broad traditions, the Evangelical, the Catholic and the Liberal…”
“The Liberal tradition has emphasized the importance of the use of reason in theological exploration. It has stressed the need to develop Christian belief and practice in order to respond creatively to wider advances in human knowledge and understanding and the importance of social and political action in forwarding God’s kingdom.” www.cofe.anglican.org
Affirming Liberalism seeks to enhance this ‘enrichment’ of the Christian faith and support ordained and lay Christians of the Liberal Anglican tradition by:
- Affirming faith in Jesus’ life, teaching, death and resurrection as revealing God’s limitless love to all humanity in this life and the next.
- Affirming the dynamic action of God’s Spirit in dispersing divine love throughout the world.
- Affirming the beneficial get avodart prescription insights of biblical and historical criticism for our understanding of Scripture and Tradition.
- Affirming a free, questioning and philosophical approach to Christian faith through God-given reason.
- Affirming the profound significance of science and mathematics in forming a Christian worldview and understanding of the universe.
- Affirming the positive benefits of the social sciences in comprehending human nature and society, and in developing Christian ethics.
- Affirming the symbolic nature of religious language in creative worship which connects us to the divine.
- Affirming the vitality of the performing and creative arts in shaping a dynamic Christian vision of life lived in relation to God.
- Affirming open, creative conversation between Liberals, Evangelicals and Catholics to enrich our understanding of the Christian Gospel.
- Affirming open, creative conversation with other faith traditions and cultures to deepen our understanding of God.
For more details contact us through the contact form.